Download related data files here.
|XML datasource||CSV datasource|
The foreign trade statistics record exports and imports of goods made in final and temporal form, taking into account that such goods have fulfilled their respective customs procedures. Goods that are considered definitive values transactions, such as gold, circulation coins, banknotes and other financial instruments, are excluded.
There are 12 transportation modes in Mexico, which were published in the Official Gazette (Diario Oficial de la Federación) on July 6, 2010, and are detailed below: Air, Maritime, Road, Rail, Ducts, Postal, Double-stack rail, Road-rail, Cables, Pipeline, no transportation declared (due to not having physical presentation of merchandise at customs) and Other (unspecified).
To integrate the information, the criteria regarding the Mexican custom methodology are as follows:
- Double stack rail falls under the Rail mode
- Road-Rail falls under the Road mode
- Ducts and Cables falls under the Pipeline and other mode
The difference in reaching the total value of trade with Canada and the United States is explained by the figures recorded in Ducts, Postal, Cables, Pipeline and other (unspecified).
The main modes of transport represent shares of trade according to the following:
- Air: These five airports represent approximately 91.5% of Mexican trade (exports and imports) by air with Canada and the United States
- Road: These five road ports represent approximately 82.3% of Mexican trade (exports and imports) by road with Canada and the United States
- Rail: These five rail ports represent approximately 99.5% of Mexican trade (exports and imports) by rail with Canada and the United States
- Water: These five water ports represent approximately 69.3% of Mexican trade (exports and imports) by water with Canada and the United States
- Pipeline and other: These five other ports represent approximately 77.9% of Mexican trade (exports and imports) by other modes with Canada and the United States
INEGI con base en SAT, SE, BANXICO, INEGI. Balanza Comercial de Mercancías de México (2015). SNIEG. Información de Interés Nacional.